NH8756 : The Old Parish Church, Academy Street, Nairn

taken 11 years ago, near to Nairn, Highland, Great Britain

The Old Parish Church, Academy Street, Nairn
The Old Parish Church, Academy Street, Nairn
The Old Parish Church was designed by John Starforth, an Edinburgh-based architect. The land had been donated by Lt.-Col. Clarke of Achareidh and the first turf was cut by Mrs Clarke on 28 March 1894. The foundation stone was laid on 29 August 1894 and the building completed in July 1897. The church is early Gothic style with transepts, organ chamber, vestry, session house, a large square tower, belfry, and 1200 sittings. The building cost 9500.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Ian R Maxwell and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NH8756, 40 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 12 November, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 12 November, 2006
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NH 879 563 [100m precision]
WGS84: 57:34.9670N 3:52.5888W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NH 878 563
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 209 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register