SP0013 : North coach house, Colesbourne Park estate

taken 6 years ago, near to Colesbourne, Gloucestershire, Great Britain

North coach house, Colesbourne Park estate
North coach house, Colesbourne Park estate
The north coach house, one of three coach houses around a central courtyard, was built in Cotswold limestone in 1842 by David Brandon for H. J. Elwes, the owner of Colesbourne Park. There is a central arched coachway with a room above it, and a single-storey stable wing to either side. There is a carved datestone on the gable and three heraldic shields. The windows all have leaded casements. The three coach houses are Grade II listed buildings.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Vieve Forward and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP0013, 53 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 22 January, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 24 January, 2012
Geographical Context
Village, Rural settlement  Country estates 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 0036 1344 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:49.1751N 1:59.7709W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 0037 1342
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Coach Houses  Coach House  Stable  Stables  Stables (Former)  Heraldic Device  Heraldic Panels  Date Stones  Date Stone 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 126 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register