SP0013 : West coach house, Colesbourne Park estate

taken 6 years ago, near to Colesbourne, Gloucestershire, Great Britain

West coach house, Colesbourne Park estate
West coach house, Colesbourne Park estate
This picture of the west coach house, seen here from the rear, shows the arched coachway through which coaches would have left and entered the courtyard of this complex of three coach houses (the east coach house can be glimpsed through the arch). The west coach house was built in Cotswold limestone in 1859 by David Brandon for H. J. Elwes, the owner of Colesbourne Park. In the foreground are some of the snowdrops for which the estate is famed.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Vieve Forward and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP0013, 53 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 22 January, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 24 January, 2012
Geographical Context
Village, Rural settlement  Country estates 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 0033 1345 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:49.1805N 1:59.7970W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 0031 1346
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Snowdrop  Snowdrops  Coach Houses  Coach House  Coaching House  Former Coach House 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 47 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register