TA1181 : St. Oswald's, Filey

taken 6 years ago, near to Filey, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

St. Oswald's, Filey
St. Oswald's, Filey
Seen from the east, St.Oswald's has been described as "easily the finest church in the NE corner of the East Riding."
It began life as an early Norman church, rebuilt in the late 12thC, further re-building took place in the mid 13thC. It was owned by Bridlington Priory pre-1538. It underwent major repairs in 1839; these can be seen clearly in this picture, with the marks of a once higher roof-line on the east side of the tower.
The fine brick house to the right of the church is Church Cliff House, it is of c.1800.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Matthew Hatton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TA1181, 115 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 28 January, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 29 January, 2012
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Religious sites  Suburb, Urban fringe 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 1177 8107 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:12.7910N 0:17.2547W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 1199 8103
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 18 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register