SD8239 : St Mary Newchurch

taken 9 years ago, near to Newchurch in Pendle, Lancashire, Great Britain

St Mary Newchurch
St Mary Newchurch
There was a chapel on this site in 1250. It was consecrated to the glory of God in honour of the Virgin Mary on 1 October 1544 by the Bishop of Chester John Bird. The tower was restored in 1653 and again in 1712. The bell is dated 1830 and the sundial 1718.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Steve Houldsworth and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD8239, 58 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 18 April, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 3 February, 2012
Geographical Context
Village, Rural settlement  Religious sites  Burial ground, Crematorium 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 8230 3937 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:51.0156N 2:16.2321W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 8230 3934
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 21 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register