SD3036 : Blackpool: parish church of St. John the Evangelist

taken 6 years ago, near to Blackpool, Great Britain

Blackpool: parish church of St. John the Evangelist
Blackpool: parish church of St. John the Evangelist
The first church to be built in Blackpool was St. John the Evangelist, consecrated on 6 July 1821. The town was experiencing rapid growth, however, at this time and it soon outgrew the original building. The current church was thus erected, on Church Street, and it was consecrated on 25 June 1878.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Chris Downer and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD3036, 751 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Monday, 30 January, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 5 February, 2012
Geographical Context
Religious sites  City, Town centre 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 3088 3625 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:49.0748N 3:3.0817W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 3083 3624
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Church 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 20 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register