ST7920 : St Andrew's Church

near to Todber, Dorset, Great Britain

St Andrew's Church
St Andrew's Church
There have been various church buildings on this site since Saxon times, but the last one was in a very dilapidated state and was extensively rebuilt in the late 1870′s with money donated by the Marchioness of Westminster who then owned most of the land in the Parish of Todber. The restoration retained most of the original tower and much of the original oak chancel screen was reused, but all the remaining building is Victorian. There is an Ordnance Survey benchmark on the tower buttress nearest the camera, see ST7920 : Benchmark on the church.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Jonathan Kington and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2012
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST7920, 31 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (Fourth Visitor for ST7920)
Date Taken
Sunday, 19 February, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 20 February, 2012
Geographical Context
Village, Rural settlement  Religious sites 
Place (from Tags)
Todber 
Church (from Tags)
St Andrews 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 799 200 [100m precision]
WGS84: 50:58.7650N 2:17.2014W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 799 200
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


This page has been viewed about 17 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register