TQ3004 : St Nicholas Rest Garden

near to Brighton and Hove, Great Britain

St Nicholas Rest Garden
St Nicholas Rest Garden
St Nicholas Rest Garden at the southern end of Dyke Road was laid out in 1840 as an extension cemetery for Brighton's parish church, St Nicholas. It was used for burials until 1853. It is now a city park under the care of the Council and is open to everyone. It provides a green and leafy breathing space not far from the hurly-burly of Western Road. The entrance is through the big stone archway on the opposite side of Dyke Road to the church. LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Gillett and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2012
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ3004, 935 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Friday, 6 April, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 7 April, 2012
Geographical Context
Religious sites  Park and Public Gardens  City, Town centre  Burial ground, Crematorium 
Place (from Tags)
Brighton 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 30665 04484 [1m precision]
WGS84: 50:49.5096N 0:8.7714W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 30615 04507
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Forward to a
friend by email


Other Tags
Garden 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 9 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register
please donate