SD7733 : St James' Parish Church, Altham

taken 6 years ago, near to Altham, Lancashire, Great Britain

St James' Parish Church, Altham
St James' Parish Church, Altham
St James’ Church was founded in 1140, and was originally dedicated to Saint Mary (LinkExternal link Genuki). Although the earliest parts of the present church date from the 15th and 16th centuries, the tower was built in 1859 and the chancel was rebuilt at the same time.

It is a Grade II listed building.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Dixon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD7733, 53 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 15 April, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 16 April, 2012
Geographical Context
Village, Rural settlement  Religious sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 7716 3307 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:47.6061N 2:20.8918W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 7714 3305
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 50 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register