J5080 : Bandstand, Bangor
near to Bangor, Ireland
Castle Park Walled Garden, Bangor
On the edge of Castle Park in Bangor is an old walled garden dating from around the 1840's. It was originally constructed to supply fruit and vegetables for the Ward family in nearby Bangor Castle J5081 : Bangor Town Hall. Long neglected, it underwent a regeneration in 2008-09 and was formally reopened to the public in April 2009. It now opens daily from roughly Easter to Halloween each year. The most striking aspects are two new installations - the major piece is the central water feature called ‘The Twister Twisting’ Link ; nearby is a sculpture called the ‘Curved Horn’ Link . A new glasshouse Link has also been erected.
In early 2012 the second phase of the garden was opened to the public. This area includes a new cafe, toilets, glasshouse and the restored bandstand which had fallen into disrepair near Pickie.
Manhole covers, foundry products etc, Northern Ireland
A series of photographs showing manhole covers, fire hydrants, gratings, foundry products, foundry plaques and inscriptions etc, in Northern Ireland.
- Grid Square
- J5080, 40 images (more nearby )
- Rossographer (find more nearby)
- Image classification?
- Supplemental image
- Date Taken
- Saturday, 14 April, 2012 (more nearby)
- Monday, 16 April, 2012
- Geographical Context
- Place (from Tags)
- Subject Location
Irish: J 505 808 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:39.1708N 5:40.0799W
- Photographer Location
- Irish: J 505 808
- View Direction
- WEST (about 270 degrees)
This page has been viewed about 37 times.