SO8858 : Hindlip Hall

near to Hindlip, Worcestershire, Great Britain

Hindlip Hall
Hindlip Hall
A timber-framed manor house originally occupied site, replaced in 1572 by a
large brick building. This was destroyed by fire in 1820 and the present
structure was built for Viscount Southwell. He died in 1860 and the house
was sold to Henry Allsopp, a brewery magnate, made first Baron Hindlip in
1886 and who undertook the pavilion alterations. In the early C20 the Allsopp
family moved to Wiltshire and the estate was sold to Worcestershire County
Council in 1947. It has been the headquarters of the West Mercia Constabulary
since 1967.
[A S Maund: The History of Hindlip, West Mercia Constabulary, 1983]
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Trevor Rickard and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2009
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SO8858, 24 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Saturday, 18 April, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 27 April, 2012
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Housing, Dwellings  Country estates 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 8809 5855 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:13.5014N 2:10.5466W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 8804 5857
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Forward to a
friend by email


Other Tags
Police Headquarters 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 71 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register