In the Liber Regis, published in the Reign of Henry VIII this Parish is called Repingale or Repyngale, and described as a Rectory named St Andrew’s, originally divided into three parts which were consolidated into one united Rectory in 1725.
The church, dedicated to St Andrew, consists of a Nave, Chancel, South Aisle, South Chantry Chapel dedicated to St Anne, and Tower. The architectural character of the church belongs to different periods. The six piers and arches which divide the nave and chancel from the south aisle and chantry chapel are of the Early Decorated period. The tower, which contains six bells, is a good example of the Perpendicular period.
The screen made of oak with the richest of details is Perpendicular in style and once supported a “Roode Lofte” which was taken down and destroyed in 1561.
Monuments and effigies include:-
The remaining recumbent figure of two cross-legged knights believed to represent either Sir Guy or Sir Goband, former lords of Repyngale, who it is supposed founded the Church in 1259.
Altar tomb of 14th century with three mutilated effigies of a knight with two ladies, said to be Roger de Quincey, descendent of Roger de Quincey, Earl of Winchester, and his wives.
John de Thorp, an ecclesiastic of the 13th century, in his priestly vestments holding an open book with Latin inscription. The inscription has been interpreted to mean: Here lies Hue Geboed (Goband) the son of John Geboed.Pray for his soul.A richly decorated 14th century recessed tomb of Lady Margaret Goband. At her feet is the statue of an armed man. Margaret was first wife of Roger de Collville, second son of John Goband. Memorial erected by her son Sir Richard De Goband. Coif and wimple indicate the date of the first half of 14th century,
On floor of Chantry Chapel the remains of the Marmyon slab of black marble which had two brass figures of Marmyon and wife, however the organ now stands on this spot.
See other images of St Andrew's church, Rippingale