SJ7578 : Former Market Hall

near to Knutsford, Cheshire, Great Britain

Former Market Hall
Former Market Hall
The Market Hall was built in 1872 by the Egertons who were Lords of the Manor and had the rights to market tolls. The building carries their coat of arms and the letter "E" in the terracotta decoration under each of the upper windows (SJ7578 : Former Market Hall (detail)).

The Gothic arched lower windows could be opened for trading outside. The hall upstairs was used for meetings and concerts.

(Taken from the information panel which can be seen under the tree, next to the postbox)
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Dixon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2012
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ7578, 116 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Friday, 4 May, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 5 May, 2012
Geographical Context
City, Town centre  Historic sites and artefacts 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 7517 7853 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:18.1878N 2:22.4432W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 7513 7854
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 27 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register