NJ7916 : Arms of the Earl of Kintore

taken 5 years ago, near to Kintore, Aberdeenshire, Great Britain

Arms of the Earl of Kintore
Arms of the Earl of Kintore
Attached to Kintore Town Hall: quarterly, 1st and 4th, gules a sceptre and sword in saltire, with an imperial crown in chief, within an orle of eight thistles or, as a coat of augmentation; 2nd and 3rd, argent on a chief gules three pallets or, for Keith. The motto "Quae amissa salva" = "What has been lost has been found" refers to the hiding from Cromwell's troops of the Honours of Scotland (Crown Jewels) by John Keith (Earl of Kintore). The arms were granted in 1677. See: LinkExternal link
and LinkExternal link (Archive LinkExternal link ) and
LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Bill Harrison and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NJ7916, 26 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Supplemental image
Date Taken
Sunday, 6 May, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 6 May, 2012
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Public buildings and spaces  People, Events 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NJ 7923 1631 [10m precision]
WGS84: 57:14.2218N 2:20.7436W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NJ 7924 1630
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Coat of Arms 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 62 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register