SK5903 : Victoria Park

near to Leicester, Great Britain

Victoria Park
Victoria Park
The park was historically part of the South Fields of Leicester, and was used from 1806 to 1883 as a racecourse - a function that was then transferred as to the purpose-built Leicester Racecourse in Oadby. It was opened as a park in 1882. A Victorian grandstand stood in the park until the mid-20th century, and was used a pavilion after racing moved to Oadby. It was damaged by a German parachute bomb in 1940 and later demolished, with the new pavilion built on the same site and opened in 1958.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Ashley Dace and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2012
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK5903, 181 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Sunday, 18 March, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 7 May, 2012
Geographical Context
Park and Public Gardens 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 5942 0306 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:37.3237N 1:7.4214W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 5959 0305
View Direction
WEST (about 270 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 14 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register