SH4762 : Castle House - a vacant shop

taken 11 years ago, near to Caernarfon, Gwynedd, Great Britain

Castle House - a vacant shop
Castle House - a vacant shop
R.H.Thomas (1864-1961), whose name appears above this long vacant shop on the corner of the High Street and Castle Street, was a successful grocer and ship owner. When he bought the premises in 1892, the High Street was the commercial heart of the town. Since WWII, the street, and particularly its western end, has become a quiet backwater.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Eric Jones and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SH4762, 1124 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 17 December, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 17 December, 2006
Category
Buildings > Vacant buildings   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SH 47 62 [1000m precision]
WGS84: 53:8.2662N 4:16.8717W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 60 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register