NS5965 : Former City Public School, Townhead

taken 5 years ago, near to Glasgow, Great Britain

Former City Public School, Townhead
Former City Public School, Townhead
On St James Road. St Mungo Avenue is in the foreground.
City Public School, Townhead
The red sandstone school building on St James Road was built in 1906 as Provanside Higher Grade School. In the 1940s, the name was changed to City Public School. Apart from Glasgow High School it was the only school allowed to have the City of Glasgow Coat of Arms on its badge.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Thomas Nugent and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NS5965, 2282 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Tuesday, 5 June, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 24 June, 2012
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Suburb, Urban fringe  Educational sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 5967 6576 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:51.8716N 4:14.6352W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 5966 6580
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 110 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register