SJ3464 : The Redundant Broughton and Bretton Railway Station

taken 11 years ago, near to Bretton, Flintshire/Sir y Fflint, Great Britain

The Redundant Broughton and Bretton Railway Station
The Redundant Broughton and Bretton Railway Station
This station was on the Mold Junction railway line from Chester to Mold, and when it was opened in 1849 it was called Broughton. The name was changed to Broughton Hall in 1861, and then changed again in 1908 to Broughton and Bretton. The line crossed the A5104 Chester Road at this point with a level crossing. The station house is on the right and is shown on the 1882 O.S. map as Broughton Hall Station. The small building on the left was the waiting room for Chester bound passengers. The area between the buildings is now the car park for the veterinary centre.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright John S Turner and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ3464, 38 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 31 December, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 31 December, 2006
Category
Railway station (disused)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 349 642 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:10.2548N 2:58.5200W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 349 642
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Third Visitor for SJ3464)
This page has been viewed about 454 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register