SO8774 : Harvington Hall

near to Harvington, Worcestershire, Great Britain

Harvington Hall
Harvington Hall
Harvington Hall is a moated Elizabethan manor house which is famous for its priest holes. The origins of the house go back to the 13th century and for many years the house and its estate was owned by the Throckmorton family from Coughton Court in Warwickshire. The family sold the manor house in 1923; it was bought by Mrs Ellen Ryan Ferris for the Archdiocese of Birmingham. At the time it was in a parlous state; had it not been for a programme of restoration, today it would probably be no more than a ruin.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Philip Halling and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2012
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SO8774, 25 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Sunday, 1 July, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 2 July, 2012
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts 
Place (from Tags)
Harvington Hall 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 8776 7445 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:22.0776N 2:10.8715W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 8776 7443
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Forward to a
friend by email


Other Tags
Moat  Manor House 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 13 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register