SJ1258 : The Old Courthouse, Ruthin

taken 11 years ago, near to Ruthin/Rhuthun, Denbighshire/Sir Ddinbych, Great Britain

The Old Courthouse, Ruthin
The Old Courthouse, Ruthin
One of the town's impressive medieval buildings, the old courthouse, or manor courthouse, was the site of the principal court of the Lordship of Dyffryn Clwyd. Built in the early years of the fourteenth century with cells for prisoners in the basement area, the remains of the scaffold can still be seen projecting from the eaves. The last execution to take place there was probably that of a Franciscan friar, Fr Charles Mahoney, on 12 August 1679. This building is now a branch of the Natwest Bank. LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Eirian Evans and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ1258, 271 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 31 December, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 1 January, 2007
Category
Bank (financial institution)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 123 582 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:6.8247N 3:18.7017W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 123 581
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 176 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register