SK8833 : The Gregory Arms, Harlaxton

near to Harlaxton, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

The Gregory Arms, Harlaxton
The Gregory Arms, Harlaxton
Named after the industrialist who built Harlaxton Manor, the Gregory Arms is on the A607, the busy main road from Melton Mowbray to Grantham. The local inn in the village had been the Golden Lion, housed in the premises now known as Wyggeston Farm. The story is that the Squire, John Sherwin Gregory, returning from church on Sunday, was upset to see his villagers drinking their pints of ale outside the public house, so he had a new inn built on the main road called The Gregory Arms.
The main village of Harlaxton is in the square to the south. There is a small housing estate behind the pub.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Kate Jewell and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK8833, 35 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (First for SK8833)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
Date Taken
Sunday, 24 July, 2005   (more nearby)
Sunday, 24 July, 2005
Public house > Public house   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 884 330 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:53.2805N 0:41.2481W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 883 330
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 1110 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved