TR2745 : All that's left of Stonehall Colliery

near to Lydden, Kent, Great Britain

All that's left of Stonehall Colliery
All that's left of Stonehall Colliery
Seen from Stonehall Close over the Canterbury to Dover railway line. Stonehall Colliery was begun in 1913 and was owned by Stonehall Colliery Ltd of Temple Ewell. Three shafts were dug on the site, to the north to a depth of only 75 feet, to the east and west to depths of 273 feet. There was a chimney to the right of this building, which rose to a height of 180 feet. In 1914 all work was stopped as no coal had been found However, in 1919 work was restarted but by 1921 all work ceased and most of the buildings (with the exception of this one) and equipment were demolished.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright John Baker and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2012
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TR2745, 15 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Supplemental image
Date Taken
Friday, 3 August, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 4 August, 2012
Geographical Context
Derelict, Disused 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TR 2712 4566 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:9.9043N 1:14.8298E
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TR 2696 4556
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Colliery (Site Of) 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 21 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register
donations accepted