SJ8990 : The Imperial

taken 5 years ago, near to Stockport, Great Britain

The Imperial
The Imperial
The Imperial Hotel was a Victorian hostelry with entrances on St Petersgate and Piccadilly. It stood next to the Theatre Royal, which closed in the late 1950s and was demolished in 1962.

For a long time The Imperial (no longer an hotel) was a Wilson's pub but in recent years it was renamed The Blarney Stone before becoming Peter's Square Tavern.

In 2012 it reverted to being The Imperial and then in 2014 was converted into a Shisha Café. In 2015 it became a "Super Discount" store but by 2017 had been transformed into a supermarket stocking mostly goods imported from Poland.



See other images of The Imperial, Stockport
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Gerald England and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ8990, 1412 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Thursday, 9 August, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 11 August, 2012
Geographical Context
Business, Retail, Services 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 8951 9027 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:24.5482N 2:9.5560W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 8952 9031
View Direction
South-southwest (about 202 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Public House 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 72 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register