SP1647 : The way to Park House

near to Lower Quinton, Warwickshire, Great Britain

The way to Park House
The way to Park House
The disused and overgrown entrance to Park House in Central Engineer Park from Station Road. Central Engineer Park was formerly a very large storage depot for the MOD comprising 478 acres with 1.4 million sq ft of workshops, storage and office accommodation and 35 kilometres of rail line. The Park was opened in 1941 and by the end of the war a major hutted camp had been established. Further construction took place including barrack blocks and offices during the 1960s. Sold off by the MOD, part of the site is now used by private businesses and there plans to create a sustainable community with housing and leisure facilities.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Michael Dibb and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2012
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP1647, 20 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Sunday, 5 August, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 29 August, 2012
Geographical Context
Business, Retail, Services  Roads, Road transport  Flat landscapes 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 1667 4738 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:7.4690N 1:45.4753W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 1667 4740
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 7 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register