SP3065 : Prince's Bridge, south end of east parapet

near to Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, Great Britain

Prince's Bridge, south end of east parapet
Prince's Bridge, south end of east parapet
The Art Deco bridge was opened by the Mayor of Leamington on 14th June 1923. On the same day the road it carries over the River Leam, Prince's Drive, was opened by Edward, Prince of Wales. The road lies west of the town and connects Warwick New Road with the Old Warwick Road-Myton Road. The parapets end in these emphatic (in good light) slabs. In the background is the viaduct that carries the busy railway line (mostly single track) between Leamington Spa and Coventry.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Robin Stott and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP3065, 396 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Date Taken
Monday, 2 April, 2012   (more nearby)
Saturday, 8 September, 2012
Geographical Context
Lowlands  Rivers, Streams, Drainage  Suburb, Urban fringe  Roads, Road transport 
Place (from Tags)
Royal Leamington Spa 
River (from Tags)
Road (from Tags)
Princes Drive 
Style (from Tags)
Art Deco 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 3088 6545 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:17.1796N 1:32.9235W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 3087 6543
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

Other Tags
Concrete Bridge 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 22 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved