TQ5336 : Carriage storage on a disused railway

near to Groombridge, East Sussex, Great Britain

Carriage storage on a disused railway
Carriage storage on a disused railway
The first Groombridge station was opened in 1866 by the London, Brighton & South Coast Railway with the extension of its Three Bridges to Tunbridge Wells Central Line to Tunbridge Wells. This was the line here. It was closed on 5th January 1969 and as can be seen is now used for carriage storage by the Spa Valley Railway. This is the view from the footbridge next to St Thomas Primary School where it crosses over these tracks and the line to Eridge just south of Groombridge station.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Marathon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2012
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ5336, 98 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Thursday, 13 September, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 15 September, 2012
Geographical Context
Railways  Derelict, Disused 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 5310 3672 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:6.5600N 0:11.1402E
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 5312 3677
View Direction
South-southwest (about 202 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 62 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register