NT2573 : Grassmarket

taken 12 years ago, near to Edinburgh, Great Britain

Grassmarket
Grassmarket
The view of the former Robertson Mission Church, which was founded in 1885 in memory of the Rev William Robertson, D.D., minister of New Greyfriars from 21st December 1843 until his death in Cannes on 21st February 1882. The building was closed as a church in 1954 and was sold. The building has been used for commercial purposes since that time. At present it is a bistro.

The steps at the side of the building lead up from King's Stables Road to Johnston Terrace. The battlements of Edinburgh Castle appear above the flats at the top of the steps.

The street sign for the Grassmarket is above the shop front. The area known as the Grassmarket extends for about a quarter of a mile to the right.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sandy Gemmill and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2573, 5236 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 1 April, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 20 January, 2007
Category
Church or chapel (converted)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 253 733 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:56.8145N 3:11.8600W
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 97 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register