TA4116 : Godwin Battery remains, Kilnsea beach

near to Kilnsea, East Riding of Yorkshire, Great Britain

Godwin Battery remains, Kilnsea beach
Godwin Battery remains, Kilnsea beach
The remnants of gun emplacements, formerly on the clifftop, now on the beach, subject to the rapid coastal erosion prevalent along the East Yorkshire coast. Fort Godwin was a coastal battery built to defend the ports along the Humber estuary. It opened in 1915 and was in use throughout the First World War and kept in use during the inter-war period. The battery was modified during the Second World War and in 1940 and was retained for use after the war.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Harrop and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2012
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TA4116, 68 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Saturday, 6 October, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 6 October, 2012
Geographical Context
Coastal  Derelict, Disused  Defence, Military  Estuary, Marine 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 4173 1612 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:37.3464N 0:8.4869E
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 4173 1614
View Direction
SOUTH (about 180 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 29 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register