SK9771 : Greyfriars

near to Lincoln, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

Grade 1 listed surviving building of the Franciscan Friary, tucked away between the Library and St.Swithin's church. Thought to be the early 13th century infirmary of the Greyfriars, it is one of the earliest surviving Franciscan Friary churches in Europe and the oldest friary building in England. Following its dissolution in 1538 it had numerous uses, largely as a school, until its closure in 1900. It was restored 1905-7 and served as the City and County museum from 1907 to 2004.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Richard Croft and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK9771, 3743 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Date Taken
Saturday, 6 October, 2012   (more nearby)
Sunday, 7 October, 2012
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 9776 7124 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:13.7528N 0:32.2190W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 9774 7123
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

Other Tags
Grade 1 Listed Building 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 20 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved