NT2574 : The former Broughton Place Church

taken 11 years ago, near to Edinburgh, Great Britain

The former Broughton Place Church
The former Broughton Place Church
The former Broughton Place Church building is now occupied by the firm of Lyon & Turnbull, auctioneers.

The congregation of Broughton Place was a congregation of the United Free Church of Scotland (prior to the 1929 union with the Church of Scotland). The congregation of the McDonald Road Church of Scotland (also a former U.F. congregation) joined with the Broughton Place congregation and worshiped here as Broughton McDonald Church of Scotland. However this congregation subsequently united with the congregation of St Maryís and now worship in that congregationís building in Bellevue Crescent, with the name Broughton St Maryís.

The building (at the eastern end of Broughton Place) was sold following the union with St Mary's.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sandy Gemmill and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2574, 1162 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 20 January, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 21 January, 2007
Category
Church or chapel (converted)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 259 746 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:57.5208N 3:11.3052W
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 241 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register