NT5368 : Town Hall, Gifford

taken 11 years ago, near to Gifford, East Lothian, Great Britain

Town Hall, Gifford
Town Hall, Gifford
The clock tower was first erected in 1775 and replaced in 1887 when the buildings were converted from parochial school to village hall, in celebration of Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee. The clock was presented at this date by Peter Burn Swinton,the Yester estate factor. Earlier 18th century former house, adjoined to clocktower, rebuilt in 1884. Slightly later house (Dolphin Cottage) flanking to the east. The buildings terminate the vista along the FairGreen to the Yester House lodges.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Lisa Jarvis and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT5368, 73 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 21 January, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 22 January, 2007
Category
Town Hall   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 5335 6804 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:54.1920N 2:44.8607W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 5337 6801
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 132 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register