TQ4565 : St Anne's Convent

near to Orpington, Bromley, Great Britain

St Anne's Convent
St Anne's Convent
A convent of the Sisters of Mercy, and the remaining link to the St Anne's Orphanage which (along with the St Joseph's Orphanage) until the late 1970s occupied the whole of this area. The building was the former presbytery for Holy Innocents' Church prior to a new one being built in 1981, at the same time as the new church.

Bishop Butt Close, in which it stands, commemorates Bishop Butt of the RC diocese of Southwark, who in 1887 founded the Southwark Diocesan Education Council & Rescue Society for poor and neglected children from South London, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, which 4 years later set up the St Joseph's Orphanage (later supplemented by the St Anne's Orphanage).
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Ian Capper and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ4565, 164 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Date Taken
Tuesday, 16 October, 2012   (more nearby)
Sunday, 28 October, 2012
Geographical Context
Housing, Dwellings  Religious sites  Suburb, Urban fringe 
Place (from Tags)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 456 650 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:21.9405N 0:5.4143E
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 456 650
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

Other Tags
Bishop Butt Close  St Annes Convent  Sisters of Mercy 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 93 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved