SE2754 : Harlow Carr

near to Beckwithshaw, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

Harlow Carr
Harlow Carr
These 6 pillars once formed part of the entrance to the 'Royal Promenade and Cheltenham Pump Room' [later known as the Royal Spa Concert Rooms], which was built in 1835 on the corner of Ripon Road and Walker's [now King's] Road in the town centre. Behind the classical Greek style entrance was a saloon a hundred feet long and thirty three feet wide, used for dances and concerts. There was also a pump room for the Cheltenham saline spring - so named because of its similarities to the spa waters of Cheltenham. The pillars did not come from the Royal Hall of 1904, but from the building next door which was demolished some 60 years ago.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright DS Pugh and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE2754, 128 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (Second Visitor for SE2754)
Date Taken
Sunday, 29 June, 2003   (more nearby)
Monday, 1 August, 2005
Botanical gardens   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 27 54 [1000m precision]
WGS84: 53:59.1495N 1:34.9268W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 315 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
please support us