SX6941 : St Andrew's church, South Huish

taken 11 years ago, near to Galmpton, Devon, Great Britain

St Andrew's church, South Huish
St Andrew's church, South Huish
The church was abandoned in 1867 when SX6840 : Holy Trinity, Galmpton was built. Various parts were distributed to other churches and houses in the area - the font, for instance, is now at Galmpton. The medieval west tower, seen here through the east window, is still in quite good shape.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Derek Harper and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SX6941, 19 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 27 January, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 28 January, 2007
Category
Church (ruined)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SX 6950 4110 [10m precision]
WGS84: 50:15.3259N 3:49.9193W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SX 6953 4110
View Direction
WEST (about 270 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SX6941) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 144 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register