TA1535 : Coniston

taken 12 years ago, near to Coniston, East Riding of Yorkshire, Great Britain

Coniston
Coniston
View from the west side of the village looking east. Coniston is situated on the west side of the A165 by-pass, built in 1970 running south to Hull. Within this grid square is Lane End Farm on the west edge. Seen here on the right is the now derelict Primitive Methodist Church. Coniston was known as Coningesbi in 1086, probably an Anglican, Scandinavian mixed name, possibly meaning 'Kings Farm'.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen Horncastle and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TA1535, 37 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 31 July, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 2 August, 2005
Category
Village > Village   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 15516 35152 [1m precision]
WGS84: 53:47.9913N 0:14.8550W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for TA1535) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 131 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register