SJ8990 : Piccadilly side of The Imperial

near to Stockport, Great Britain

Piccadilly side of The Imperial
Piccadilly side of The Imperial
The Imperial Hotel was a Victorian hostelry with entrances on St Petersgate and Piccadilly. It stood next to the Theatre Royal, which closed in the late 1950s and was demolished in 1962.

For a long time The Imperial (no longer an hotel) was a Wilson's pub but in recent years it was renamed The Blarney Stone before becoming Peter's Square Tavern.

In 2012 it reverted to being The Imperial but in 2014 was converted into a Shisha Café. In 2015 it became a "Super Discount" store.

See other images of The Imperial, Stockport
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Gerald England and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ8990, 1198 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Date Taken
Wednesday, 5 December, 2012   (more nearby)
Sunday, 9 December, 2012
Geographical Context
Business, Retail, Services 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 8951 9027 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:24.5482N 2:9.5560W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 8954 9028
View Direction
West-southwest (about 247 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

Other Tags
Public House 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 46 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved