SH7217 : Rear view of St Mary's

taken 11 years ago, near to Dolgellau, Gwynedd, Great Britain

Rear view of St Mary's.
Rear view of St Mary's.
The present Church dates from 1716, with a chancel added in 1864. The masonry is, unusually, of dressed slate with blocks overlapping at the corners, log-cabin style. The timber piers inside were brought over the mountains by ox-cart from Dinas Mawddwy. A carved stone effigy (ca. 1350) of Meurig ap Ynyr Fychan lies in the NE corner of the church. The first mention of the church and indeed of "Dolkelew" is from 1253.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Hefin Richards and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SH7217, 209 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 3 February, 2007   (more nearby)
Sunday, 4 February, 2007
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SH 727 178 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:44.5788N 3:53.1947W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SH 727 179
View Direction
South-southwest (about 202 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 72 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register