SJ5196 : The New Double Locks on the Sankey Canal

taken 11 years ago, near to Moss Bank, St Helens, Great Britain

The New Double Locks on the Sankey Canal
The New Double Locks on the Sankey Canal
The Sankey was extended to Ravenhead, through what is now the centre of St. Helens, in 1775. A second set of double locks was constructed to raise the canal to the higher level from that of the Gerards Bridge Branch. As may be seen from the other view of the locks, silt from the Rainford Brook has gathered in the pool below the locks.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Long and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ5196, 24 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 8 February, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 10 February, 2007
Category
Canal (disused)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 519 962 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:27.6315N 2:43.5006W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 519 964
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 111 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register