SP0787 : Coleshill Street and its junction with Chapel Street

taken 11 years ago, near to Birmingham, Great Britain

Coleshill Street and its junction with Chapel Street
Coleshill Street and its junction with Chapel Street
In the second half of the 18th century a manufacturer of buckles, William Tutin, had a factory at 12 Coleshill Street, which was probably about here. No traces of ancient buildings remain, and most of the street is within the campus of Aston University.
In 1770 William Tutin patented "Tutania", an alloy of copper antimony zinc and tin, and used it in manufacturing various items. In the 1785 directory he is described as a "Manufacturer of fine white Tutania, Yellow and Pinchbeck Buckles, Tutania spoons, Coach furniture &c"

See also SP0787 : Coleshill Street
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Rich Tea and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP0787, 628 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 7 February, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 10 February, 2007
Category
Street scene   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 074 872 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:28.9657N 1:53.4683W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 075 872
View Direction
Southwest (about 225 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 144 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register