C4316 : Outside the Foyle Valley Railway Museum, Londonderry

taken 24 years ago, near to Derry, Londonderry County Borough, Clooney Park, Creggan and Foyle Hill, Northern Ireland

Outside the Foyle Valley Railway Museum, Londonderry
Outside the Foyle Valley Railway Museum, Londonderry
The locomotive in the image is a 3ft 0ins narrow gauge locomotive built for the CDJRC in 1907 by Nasmith and Wilson, originally numbered No.16 and named "Donegal". She was superheated in 1926 and then renamed and renumbered as No, 4 "Meenglas" in 1937.
The locomotive was withdrawn from service on the 31-12-1959, when the CDJRC ceased to exist as a railway company.
CDJRC = County Donegal Joint Railways Committee.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Wilson Adams and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Loading map... (JavaScript required)
Grid Square
C4316, 1368 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
1995   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 10 February, 2007
Category
Steam engines   (more nearby)
Subject Location
Irish: geotagged! C 43 16 [1000m precision]
WGS84: 54:59.6454N 7:19.2672W
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 455 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register