TF3244 : Former Methodist Chapel

taken 11 years ago, near to Boston, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

Former Methodist Chapel
Former Methodist Chapel
In Red Lion Street, this chapel was built in 1808 and enlarged in 1818 to seat a congregation of 1,100. The blue plaque declares that Catherine Mumford, co-founder of the Salvation Army worshipped here from 1834 with her family. It was replaced by the grand Centenary Church LinkExternal link in 1840 and converted to two houses for ministers until c1900. Now private residences.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Richard Croft and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TF3244, 581 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 11 February, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 11 February, 2007
Category
Historic building   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 326 443 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:58.8107N 0:1.5515W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 326 443
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 64 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register