SO9097 : Monumental change

taken 11 years ago, near to Blakenhall, Wolverhampton, Great Britain

Monumental change
Monumental change
This building now occupied by monumental masons was associated with the motorcycle industry. The Stevens Brothers manufactured AJS motorcycles here from 1909 to 1915. Stevens three wheeled vans and motorcycles were built here from 1932 to 1938. The Stevens Screw Company occupied the premises from 1906 to 1992.
The statue on the Penn Road pays homage to this local industry (SO9097 : Motoring up Penn Road).
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright John M and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SO9097, 179 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 11 February, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 11 February, 2007
Category
Factory > Factory   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 909 979 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:34.7625N 2:8.1169W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 909 979
View Direction
WEST (about 270 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 68 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register