SJ8847 : St. Luke's - Wellington, Hanley

taken 13 years ago, near to Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, Great Britain

St. Luke's - Wellington, Hanley
St. Luke's - Wellington, Hanley
St. Luke's (Wellington):
The parish church of Wellington is St. Luke's, which was erected in 1854. It is an imposing structure in the Early English style, comprising chancel, nave, north aisle, and north and west porch, the latter having been added in 1878; there is also an incomplete tower. In 1847 an organ chamber was built, and an organ introduced, the church at the same time being reseated at a cost of 900. The church contains a handsome stained glass window, erected in 1878 to the memory of Bishop Selwyn. In 1887 a new reredos was introduced. There are 800 sittings, 477 being free.
[from: A descriptive account of The Potteries (illustrated) 1893 advertising and trade journal.]
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Steven Birks and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ8847, 195 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
November 2004   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 14 February, 2007
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 884 471 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:1.2641N 2:10.4627W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 884 471
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 150 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register