SJ8847 : Entrance to St. Luke's - Wellington, Hanley

taken 13 years ago, near to Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, Great Britain

Entrance to St. Luke's - Wellington, Hanley
Entrance to St. Luke's - Wellington, Hanley
The Parish of Wellington was formed out of the Parish of Stoke, by an order in Council which bears the date of 8th August 1845.

The area of land known as Wellington was at this time mainly cornfields stretching to Ivy House Road and the land on which the Church was built was called Broomy Fields. Due to the efforts of the schoolmaster Edward Young Haslam, George Henry Foundrinier of the local paper mill and the Vicar of St Luke's this land was purchased for 8178.00.10d. The Church was finally built through the generosity of well disposed persons and grants from the Church of England for a sum of 2,075.

for main picture of the church:- LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Steven Birks and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ8847, 195 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
November 2004   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 14 February, 2007
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 884 471 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:1.2641N 2:10.4627W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 884 471
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 85 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register