NT4899 : East Vows beacon

taken 5 years ago, near to Earlsferry, Fife, Great Britain

East Vows beacon
East Vows beacon
A telephoto view of NT4899 : East Vows beacon. Constructed in 1847 by Alan Stevenson, the cage was intended as a refuge for shipwrecked mariners.

North Berwick can be seen across the Forth, with unseasonal snow on the hills above.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Rob Burke and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT4899, 53 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 30 March, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 7 April, 2013
Geographical Context
Docks, Harbours  Estuary, Marine 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 4822 9900 [10m precision]
WGS84: 56:10.8485N 2:50.1425W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 48028 99380
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 46 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register