NY2647 : Highmoor Tower, Wigton

taken 11 years ago, near to Wigton, Cumbria, Great Britain

Highmoor Tower, Wigton
Highmoor Tower, Wigton
Built in 1885 by Edwin and Henry Banks to house a clock, carillon and "Big Joe",large bell. The carillon played a different tune every day and a hymn on Sundays. The tower stands on the North side of Highmoor Mansion, the Banks' family home, now flats.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright P stephenson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NY2647, 11 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 4 June, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 18 February, 2007
Category
Architectural feature   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NY 264 476 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:49.0910N 3:8.8145W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NY 262 476
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 566 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register