NT4621 : Ashkirk Parish Church

taken 11 years ago, near to Woll, Scottish Borders, Great Britain

Ashkirk Parish Church
Ashkirk Parish Church
The church was rebuilt in 1790 (James Trotter) with oak panelling from the old Minto Church (demolished in 1831) and possibly the Laird's Pew. Interior recast, 1893 and 1962, (J Wilson Patterson). The 17th century graveyard contains many interesting gravestones, including a tombstone of a gypsy boy hanged at nearby Todrig for stealing a duck. (Source: Borders and Berwick, An Illustrated Architectural Guide by Charles Alexander Strang).
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Walter Baxter and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT4621, 36 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 18 February, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 20 February, 2007
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 4660 2197 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:29.3159N 2:50.7976W
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 186 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register