SP2032 : Redesdale Hall, Moreton-in-Marsh

near to Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire, Great Britain

Redesdale Hall, Moreton-in-Marsh.
Redesdale Hall, Moreton-in-Marsh.
This hall is at the centre of the town. A SP2032 : Plaque on the Redesdale Halljust behind the banner reads "The Redesdale Hall was erected in 1887 by Sir Algernon Bertram Freeman Mitford, G.C.V.O., K.C.B., 1st Baron Redesdale, Lord-of-the-Manor of Moreton-in-Marsh in pious Memory of his kinsman, Earl of Redesdale, 1805-1886.

Subsequently by purchase it passed into the possession of Sir Gilbert Alan Hamilton Wills, BART, O.B.E, The First Baron Dulverton who presented it in the year 1951 to The North Cotswold Rural District Council."

Lord Redesdale lived at nearby Batsford House and is also known for his famous daughters, the Mitford sisters.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Stowell and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP2032, 324 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (First for SP2032)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
Date Taken
Sunday, 7 August, 2005   (more nearby)
Monday, 8 August, 2005
Historic building   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 204 324 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:59.3809N 1:42.2598W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 204 324
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 2839 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved