SE4604 : Goldthorpe - parish church and church hall

near to Goldthorpe, Barnsley, Great Britain

Goldthorpe - parish church and church hall
Goldthorpe - parish church and church hall
"The Parish Church of St. John the Evangelist and St. Mary Magdalene, Goldthorpe, was designed by Alfred Y. Nutt of Slough in 1914 and built between 1915-16. It is an interesting early example of the use of re-enforced Ferro-concrete for both the building of churches and for church furniture. It is due to the unusual design, the revolutionary building technique and the materials used that have resulted in the Church and Presbytery being awarded Grade 2* listing status." (from: LinkExternal link ).
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Dave Bevis and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2013
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE4604, 30 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Saturday, 8 June, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 4 July, 2013
Geographical Context
Religious sites  Suburb, Urban fringe 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 4633 0455 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:32.1340N 1:18.1470W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 4630 0453
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


This page has been viewed about 49 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved