SK9771 : St.Mary's pulpit

taken 11 years ago, near to Lincoln, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

St.Mary's pulpit
St.Mary's pulpit
Formerly in the English church in Rotterdam, the pulpit dates from 1708, the inscription reads ....
This pulpit which once stood in the church of S.Mary, Rotterdam (erectd by the help of Queen Anne and the Duke of Marlborough for the use of the English there resident, but since demolished) was presented to this cathedral by A.C.Benson, Master of Magdalene College Cambridge in memory of his father Edward White Benson D.D.
Chancellor of Lincoln 1872 to 1877
Bishop of Truro 1877 to 1882
Archbishop of Canterbury 1882 to 1896
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Richard Croft and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK9771, 4052 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 3 March, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 6 March, 2007
Category
Cathedral   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 978 718 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:14.0595N 0:32.1546W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 977 718
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 35 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register